This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016)
Haarlem oil (Dutch: haarlemmerolie), also called medicamentum gratia probatum, is a dietary supplement. The potion is a mixture of sulfur, herbs and terebinth oil. It is produced in Haarlem, Netherlands.
The word haarlemmerolie (with a lowercase 'h') is now used in Dutch to indicate a fix for all problems. For example: "lowering taxes will be like haarlemmerolie for the economy". This is also used sarcastically.
Benefits to race horses -
- Greatly improves the urinary system and removes most toxins in the horse's system.
- Haarlem oil guarantees against infections, such as respiratory, urinary, biliary, and intestinal.
- Naturally stimulates the horse's own hormone secretions without side effects.
- Helps assist the rapid recovery process after the horse competes.
- Fights any and all arthritic actions.
- "A sulfur molecule to block the coronavirus". November 18, 2020. Retrieved April 30, 2023.
- Mercier B, Prost J, Prost M. (2009). "Haarlem oil". The essential oil of turpentine and its major volatile fraction (alpha- and beta-pinenes): a review. Vol. 22. pp. 331–342. doi:10.2478/v10001-009-0032-5. PMID 20197260.
|journal=ignored (help)CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- North, Samuel (1830). "Haarlem oil". The family physician and guide to health, together with some remarks on surgery. Waterloo, NY: Wm. Child. pp. 303–304.
- "Conclusion of Dr. Kiener about Haarlem Oil". Haarlem Oil | Haarlem Oil For Horses. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "Special Horses | Haarlem-oil.com". Haarlem Oil | Haarlem Oil For Horses. Retrieved 2019-08-04.